Sunday, October 15, 2006

What they really think of the people who got them elected.

It's possible that Bush himself is a born-again, a true believer, but, according to David Kuo's new book “Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction," that would put him in the minority in the White House.
Kuo, himself an evangelical, quit his post in the faith-based initiatives program in 2003.
Of course, there are denials. But does this sort of thing really surprise anyone?
Wake up, people (I'm thinking, for example, of those kids worshipping the cardboard cutout of their caesar -- I mean, president.) You're being taken for a ride, and we're all paying the price.

1 comment:

eudaimonia said...

Hi Dale,
I'm not sure how you found my fledgling new blog, but thanks for reading.
Out of respect for your point about trying to read into the hearts of men, I deleted the word "vaguely" as an adjective to "possible" in this post. It's quite true that I have no idea what is going on in our president's head.
However, this is not the first time that others in his administration and on his staff, especially folks like Rove and Mehlman, have had their motives questioned with regard to their conservative Christian base.
So I don't feel that I have to give weight to the comments by Gerson and Towey, because I just frankly don't believe them. The latter is Kuo's boss (and you could read the bad blood in more than one way, but no doubt there was some) and the former a presidential speechwriter, which kind of speaks for itself.
Just my opinion, though, of course, and you're free to yours.