Sunday, October 08, 2006

Breaking my golden silence on those zany 'pubs

OK, so my seven days of silence on the foibles of the Bush administration and congressional Republican leadership are mercifully ended.
And noting again my considerable admiration for those few (and fewer every vote) Republicans in Congress who manage to hold out against the giant magnet that's been affixed to the Far Right ever since it was determined that therein the "base" resides, I will go so far as to admit that even most of those in lockstep with the administration and leadership are probably decent folks who are kind to fluffy animals (off their respective seasons) and, leaving out any discussion of children for the time being, don't literally harbor cooties, even including North Carolina Rep. Patrick McHenry, (not to be confused with Patrick "Give me liberty or give me death" Henry) although pundits on this morning's talk shows implied that the "We are rubber; Dems are glue" tactic he's spearheaded is just kind of silly and probably won't work.
I guess that means it's back to Iraq, the one thing they all can agree on.
What's next?
Revolt of the soccer moms?
All right, I feel better now (aside from a bad case of the sniffles.)
I should have known better than to go cold turkey.

Tomorrow: a fair and balanced analysis of the rising tension between my immune system and the upstart rhinovirus that has launched a vigorous campaign against it.

No comments: