Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Speaking of American knights-errant...

... if Mark Penn is out of the Clinton campaign, (and no one's saying yet that he is or should be, although the question has definitely been posed... OK, well, I for one posed it, not so subtly, but I don't think I've got quite the clout to gain Hillary's ear ;) But if Penn were to go, would he only be replaced by Bill's old team of Carville and Begala?

This isn't just about gender, but Hillary's had her own team for awhile, and I don't know if their style meshes with the style of Bill's team... I personally think she needs to listen to some more female voices at this point.

That said, the quixotic romantic in me did find Clinton's indignation charming, here... or maybe it just brought back pleasant memories of the Chris Wallace smackdown on Fox News ;)

More importantly, though, he made some good points (as he often does when he's pissed off, versus collectedly parsing language. Perhaps the same could be said of his wife.) But I like Obama, and I'd be happy with him as a nominee, because I think that, like Bill, he could learn on the job despite his limited experience. But I do think the press has been treating him with kid gloves from the beginning. We really do need to know what he's all about and what he's going to do, in detail, before we elect him.

No comments: