Thursday, January 03, 2008

Live-blogging Iowa, sort of: The Ron Paul Factor

After reading this article in the Huffington Post, pointed out by Mr. X, I'm happy to conclude that Thompson is probably going to be edged out by Paul. Which is as it should be. People are fired up about Paul; he has a message; he stands for something. Whether or not I fully embrace it personally, it's something real, that comes from a genuine grassroots place... Thompson, I think, would probably rather just play a president on TV.

The showdown between McCain and Paul is probably going to be too close to predict right now, so I'll just leave my predictions be in that respect, but say I'd be happier to see Paul win the bronze, even if it means McCain's out of contention... I prefer The Candidate Formerly Known as Maverick to Huck and Romney, but that's not saying a lot.

And I guess I'll stand by my original Dem projection, just because of Edwards's second-choice appeal, although he would be my third choice, personally.

No comments: