Friday, August 22, 2008

The Veep-Watch goes on... and on...

So he's going to make us wait until tomorrow morning.
I guess I'll have my phone by the bed.
I can't believe how incredibly clever this text-message strategy was. And I'm not even much of a texter, nor exactly a bonafide Obamamaniac until this point. It's just that lure of instant knowledge. Whatever staffer came up with that plan should get promoted.

And it looks like Kaine is out, so, unless there's a big surprise, we're looking at Biden and Bayh. And Biden seems to be everyone's bet. Well, I like the guy, notorious verbosity aside. In fact, his personality is more appealing than Bayh's, in that he has more of a personality. He's a bit of a "character." And his foreign policy creds are impeccable. He would be such an asset on that front, like Cheney was to Bush but without all the Sith lord/ f-ing stuff up parts.
However, Bayh seems more steady, less apt to steal the limelight, less apt to make a verbal blunder that the other side can pounce on. And, yeah, his support for Hillary did endear him to "us."

Although I must say, on the subject of "us," I feel a strong need to distance myself from supporters like the one who was interviewed on Neil Cavuto's show today, seeming wildly distracted and almost unhinged with suppressed rage. They're talking about causing a scene at the convention. I'm sure there's a reason why only Fox News is interviewing these people (yes, there are men as well, thank goodness.) But this is the last thing we need (women -- and Democrats -- and particularly women Democrats.) In the name of sanity, not to mention unity, Hillary needs to discourage this. Seriously.

But, yeah, moving on -- as we all must -- I guess I'll just wait for that wake-up call tomorrow.

No comments: