Thursday, August 21, 2008

Text Me, Barry

I was starting to fear that working in a para-journalistic field was starting to take its toll on me in the form of a growing addiction to instantaneous information, but it's even worse than I thought. Just stick the news wire in my veins.
Because I have just sold out my cell phone # and will now be receiving who knows how many paid-for-by-me messages about the Obama campaign over the next couple months, just so I can be among the First to Know who his VP choice is.
All I can say is, it better not happen while I'm sleeping.

By the way, his announcing that he's made up his mind while campaigning in Virginia makes Kaine look likely, but on the other hand, it could simply imply that he's spent enough time with Kaine now to rule him out. I'm going to stick with my guy Bayh, but Kaine is looking strong right now. He has the economic chops; Virginia is a critical state; and Obama may try to go for the "two fresh, young outsiders" approach and just focus on highlighting some more experienced Cabinet picks.

But, OK, I'll stop speculating and try to get some sleep. Is that reindeer hooves I hear? Or just campaign surrogates? On Blitzer, on Cavuto, on Brzezinski and Mitchell... Oh, gosh, this is bad.

No comments: