Saturday, August 23, 2008

3 AM...

... has really been a key player in this election so far. That's when Obama's text message finally rolled in, 12 hours before his speech with Biden in Springfield, Illinois.
An ironic take on the 3 AM phone call -- perhaps a message to supporters that we ourselves need to stay vigilant as well?
(As a hopeless night owl, I actually was still just turning in when I heard the phone, but I don't know how many other East Coasters caught it.)
Or was it just that reporters had discovered the Secret Service agents dispatched to Biden's house and the story was appearing online, so the Obama team had to send it out in a hurry so supporters couldn't complain that we weren't in fact "the first to know?"
I guess I was among the first to know when I read the A.P. story on Yahoo, but I wish I'd gotten the message first. But that's what happens when you get reporters worked up into a lather like that. I'd personally thought the message would go out Friday, but I guess they didn't want it hashed over too much before the speech.
Well, it was pretty close, anyway.

No comments: