Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Veep-mania!

I don't think the pundits can wait much longer, guys!
Choose a VP already, one of you, at least. We're hearing words like "frenzy," "fever pitch." They're getting a little antsy.

So, according to this AP story, only one of my top 3 VP pool picks for Obama has survived to the final round, Evan Bayh (my #1 pick) and Pawlenty and Romney for McCain.

I'm going to stick with Bayh (formerly Hillary's man in Indiana) and Pawlenty (my #2 for McCain.) The funny thing is that the two kind of look like brothers, or at least first cousins from a distance, so in a way they cancel each other out. Both seem safe choices.

I like the idea of Johnny choosing a pro-choicer (even if we're talking the likes of Ridge and Lieberman) but I think in the end he won't have the courage to do it. I think Romney would be a mistake, although I could be surprised.

Back to the Dem side, I like both Biden and Kaine and would be happy with either. Kaine would give us "crab cake" region folks some attention and Biden, himself a DelMarVite, is kind of goofy but entertaining and way smart.

I admit, as a former Hillary gal, that Sebelius may not go down so well with "us." Not fair to her, perhaps -- perhaps a bit sour grapes of us, but, you know, so it goes. Actually, I'd prefer Claire McCaskill, but she's a bit too newbie still.

We shall see... for the pundits' sake, I hope soon.

No comments: