Sunday, March 11, 2007

The best thing the 108th Congress ever did...

... was pass the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Yeah, it left out some provisions that maybe should have been in there, and vice versa, but from a personal perspective, it's the Best Act Ever, all due to the Daylight Savings Time provision that pushed back the start of that magical time of year three weeks, to make it effective today.
This guy disagrees, but I don't trust people who are against sunlight, so who cares? Besides, they said on the NewsHour that he's an English professor, so what does he know about energy policy? ;)
All I know is that now is the time of year when the last drop of vitamin D drains from my body, and that, thanks to this act, I can get up from my computer and go out there to enjoy the sunshine for one hour longer each day, starting right now. Theoretically.

P.S. The new look is in anticipation of spring fever. Once it hits, I won't be able to stay inside customizing my blog. Bring it on!

No comments: