Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quote du Jour: Soon-to-be-former Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-RI)

"The people have spoken all across America. They want the Democrats and Republicans to work together. I think the president now is going to have to talk to the Democrats. I think that's going to be good for America."

Two days after losing a bid for a second term, Sen. Lincoln Chafee said he was unsure whether he would remain a Republican.

Although I wouldn't cry to see him go Dem, I think it would be more interesting to see him bring up the Senate's growing tally of independents (albeit in six years at best.) All in all, I'm rather fond of the guy. I think a state can be judged in part by the quality of its loyal opposition, and in that respect, he'd make Rhode Island look inviting whether or not one swung left, notwithstanding the climate.

No comments: