Friday, November 10, 2006

OMG -- Bush lied about something, and it's not news. This is news?

Media matters has an excellent breakdown of the matter.

I guess FReepers would say the "MSM"* wouldn't know a lie if it bit them in the ass, so that could explain things. Although, there seems to be a bit of concern that their legislative counterparts in liberal-land don't share the same disregard for the truth, with all the panic about probes and hearings.

*I just learned this term yesterday. The day before I would have mistaken it for a food additive. I obviously have not worked in the "communications/media industry" very long.

But what's funny, as always, is Bush's wording. He didn't lie so much to keep his decision under wraps, but just to keep things moving in the briefing room:

"The only way to answer that question, and get it on to another question, was to give you that answer."

But it's OK, the beloved first lady is in on the game, too. Her husband is apparently not the aspiring bard some of us suspected (I admit I was myself duped. Sure, it wasn't Petrarch, but it still made me feel warm and fuzzy for a few seconds. That's the last straw. Impeach them all ;)

No comments: