Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting Day: First Impressions

I'm working late today, so I get to cast my vote on the way in. I'm hoping the lines won't be insane at this time of day, but I could be wrong.
Watching CNN Headline News a little earlier, I saw some viewer-submitted photos of long lines in my area and other blue-state areas, but in a little town in Pennsylvania, McCain's last-hope-for-an-upset kind of town, at 9:15 in the morning, absolutely no line. This could bode well.
And, yeah, it's raining, not too hard. It's one of those lovely but melancholy foggy, drizzly autumn days. But that doesn't seem to be affecting voter turnout. In fact, although they say bad weather would be bad for Obama, that usual prediction with its assumption of fairweather Democrats may not hold water this time, so to speak.
I mean, it's a little rain, you know? I think, this time, it may be the McCain folks who stay home. But we'll see. It's gonna be a long day, but hopefully not a long night (and almost certainly not a long month, a la 2000.)

No comments: