Monday, August 13, 2007

More Republicans Talking Sense (White House Edition)

First it was Newt Gingrich; now we have the infamous 1994 Cheney, talking the most sense I've ever heard (too bad 2007 Cheney is too stubborn to listen to advice.)

The popular YouTube video of Cheney in 1994 making the case not to invade Iraq

The transcript from "Editor & Publisher"


And Karl Rove is finally "movin' on down the road," to quote his boss. I have to admit that even I felt a twinge of sentiment listening to Karl choke up as he made his farewell speech beside the guy he's spent so many decades with and shared such a deeply symbiotic relationship. But then I cry over animated rats in Disney movies, so that doesn't mean I'm not glad to see the door hit him on the way out... to spend more time with his family (and perhaps Fred Thompson?)
We probably haven't seen the last of him, but at least he won't be architecting national policy for the next year and a half.

No comments: