Friday, September 29, 2006

Macaca '08, RIP

If there is a drop of sanity left in America, anyway, George Allen won't be the Republican nominee for the White House.
I suppose a radical moderate shouldn't be indulging in catty name-calling, but, hey, he started it.
The thing is that, although I take for a given that all politicians are a bit slutty, once in a while one just rises above the rest in terms of that "ick" factor, and George always had that effect on me. I hate to say it, but I'd almost rather see Cheney at the top spot; at least he keeps a low profile (although I probably only say that because he's not running.)

But the main thing I'm glad for right now is that I don't live in Virginia, where Allen's "moderate" Senate competition is only vaguely more appealing.

While I'm being gleefully juvenile, it reminds me of a certain "South Park" episode.

No comments: