Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another one of those botched German-English translations?

Jelly doughnuts aside, it happened with Maliki, but then there was a third language involved there.
No, I'm guessing Angela knew exactly what she was saying ;)
Asked at a news conference on Wednesday what she thought of Obama, Merkel responded: "I would say that he is well-equipped -- physically, mentally and politically."
And apparently, Dubya's grand tradition of banal workplace sexual harassment of fellow world leaders may well continue into the next administration, if she has her way:
"That's not really up to me," she joked. "But I wouldn't resist."
However, she's retained enough sense of her gravitas as a chancellor to end on a coy note regarding Obama's Berlin speech:
"Maybe I'll turn on the television."
I bet she will.

But then, so will we all (OK, most of us, anyway.)

No comments: