Friday, April 25, 2008

Geoff Garin...

... Hillary's new chief campaign strategist keeps sending me e-mails (of course I'm still on the list) asking for my personal feedback.
What a good idea, I think, actually asking supporters, us "little people," for our feedback.
If Mark Penn had been doing this sort of supporter-outreach/acting like he gave a flying frig what supporters thought sort of thing months earlier, instead of holing up with his Microtrends and locking the door, I would have had a hell of a lot to say. Now, it's -- sniff -- too late.
But Geoff does seem like a decent guy, even likable and earnest (I think "un-smarmy" is the word I'm looking for) for a campaign strategist. Saw him on "Meet the Press" last week, and it was pretty much a lovefest between him and his old pal, Obama guy David Axelrod, in between the obligatory campaign bickering.

No comments: