Saturday, July 28, 2007

U.S. exchange students in Germany moonlight as scapegoats (I mean goodwill ambassadors)

I went through the checklist:

Did I vote for Bush? No, not once.
Pro-war in Iraq? Nope, was out carrying "No Blood for Oil" signs, even when Hillary was still game for it.
The death penalty? No.
Gun control? Yeah, pretty much. (No comment please, Mr. X. ;)
Climate protection? Yep, for it.
I love organic grocery stores,
and to sweeten the deal, I'm not even from Texas.

What more do they want from me?
I'm kinda afraid to ask.

Ah well, I'm too old to be an exchange student, so maybe I shouldn't take it personally, but I am headed on vacation soon to two of Germany's next-door neighbors (who have, from all accounts, not much more love for us Yanks) so I guess I'm feeling a little defensive.

No comments: