Monday, December 11, 2006

Here's where I part ways with Michael Weinstein...

I wouldn't give a single drop of blood to protect anyone's right to believe such a thing. But then I'm a pacifist. I'm fairly sure I'm grateful for those who would.

But of course, his main point is taken. There is scary stuff happening at the Pentagon, religious freedom-wise. I wish I had a reference link, but the Web is strangely silent on the matter Weinstein discussed in a news conference today.

"If they want to believe that Anne Frank, as I've been told by numerous people in the Air Force, is burning eternally in hell, that that little 13-year-old girl who walked into a hermetically sealed gas chamber when the Zyklon-B gas came out and turned her little 13-year-old body into a purple and blue polka-dotted corpse -- if they want to believe she's burning in hell, I would give my last drop of blood to support that view completely. That's their constitutional right..."

-- Michael Weinstein, president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation

No comments: